Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Typhoon Basyang...

12:15AM -- I was awakened by loud swooshing sound. Typhoon Basyang is indeed making her presence felt. I started making house rounds to check on the dogs, sockets and my 'sinampay'... baka kasi nalaglag na at hinigaan na ng mga aso...

I stayed in the living room so I can easily hear and check immediately the things that are happening. At our backyard, a huge branch of our mango tree fell. I wasn't able to sleep until past 3AM, when the winds are more silent.

Morning came... and to my surprise, the pythus tree at the front of my house got uprooted. Trees, leaves and other stuff were all over the place. My neighbors are busy cleaning. Me? I'm here in the office hoping for some kind of miracle (like halfday declaration). There's no electricity and our generator could only manage to support laptops and a few lights. Nothing much to do here really. I cleaned my area and put the Baygon Chalk to a test (goodbye roachlings!)

1 comment:

jusap said...

I experienced first hand typhoon basyang :P I'll make a blog post about it later. It's like a semi-Milenyo.

We got 1 hour off today because the building is also running on generator power. We have no aircon and it feels like I'm working in a Sauna. We don't have windows either