Sunday, July 11, 2010

Max's Chicken-All-You-Can

Yep!!! we eventually gave in to the chicken madness. After my class, Leej decided that we should try it since it will only be up to July 15. This promotion is in line with Max's 65th anniversary. We enlisted ourselved at 5:30PM. As early as that, we were already number 17 in the list. We tried our very best to kill time like buy movie tickets for Predator (7:40 showing time), scout through the DVD sale in Astrovision and just stroll around the area. After the gruesome task of waiting (not to mention my aching feet), Leej was called by the receptionist. Good for us, we got a prime spot, the corner couch.

Chicken number 1. He got a leg quarter, I got the breast part. The nice thing about it is that the chicken is hot... It's not the type that has been reheated over and over and then put on sale. Before I could finish number 1, Leej already raised his right hand for his second round. Tip: don't stuff yourself with rice.

Chicken number 2 (for me). I'm still enjoying the chicken experience. I requested for a leg quarter this time. Leej raised his hand for his 3rd. While eating, he told me that his sister's bf had 6 chicken quarters. He plans on beating that. During this time, I could feel the food at my chest level. To relieve myself, I ordered sago't gulaman. A good break.

Chicken number 3 (for me and 4th for Leej). I was staring at the chicken literally. It's a chore to chew and swallow the meat. Some of the pieces, I strategically hid under the pile of bones of chicken 1 & 2. Hahaha.. Obviously, I've reached my critical level already.

In toto, it was a good experience. I highly recommend it to Max's patronizers, chickenatics or to people who would want to enjoy a 'sulit' meal at a decent place. Happiness level is up to chicken number 2 (for me). For P165 you can enjoy all the chicken you want. hahahah... don't eat lunch or merienda -- i think this is what the school kids from the other table did. They have this huge pile of chicken bones in the middle of the table.

No comments: