Thursday, August 19, 2010

2010 Philippine Orchid Society Orchid Show

I'm very happy to be back at Manila Seedling yesterday to attend my very first orchid show. The topic for the day is something that I really needed - Potting Techniques. The expert, Mr. Andres Golamco, Jr. or Jun for short is the orchid shop owner who sells exotic and imported orchids... not the usuals than you can buy for 1K and below... If I remember it correctly, Leej and I was able to meet him last year during one of our usual strolls in Manila Seedling.

I've learned a lot and also got awakened that what I've done to some of my plants are not exactly the best condition for the orchids. hehehe. oh well, charge to experience as many people would say. I would really love to become part of the Philippine Orchid Society. For only P900, I could gain the knowledge and expertise and 'camaraderie' of the best orchid growers in the country... not to mention participation to fieldtrips to nurseries and farms (yipee!!!)... Unfortunately, I'm on a financial crisis and since I could make myself member anytime, I'd rather spend that fraction of my resources on plant purchases -- the growers are offering big big discounts. I was able to buy 3 cattleyas and 2 fire orchids. I've had enough with the ordinary vanda and dendrobiums. I want a unique collection. hehehe...

Thanks G!!! -- (sweldo kasi ngayon) hehehehe.. I will post the pics by weekend siguro.

Almost forgot to mention... I WON! I WON!!! fertilizer. After the seminar (forgot to get a certificate), there was a raffle. My number was drawn first. Soooo happy.

3 comments:

mitesh suthar said...

great........thinksssss

Anonymous said...

Hi, guantanamera121212

Anonymous said...

не факт